Be advised that the Water Aerobic Classes will be at 9:30 A.M. beginning Monday, May 2nd. See ya there!
The Good Sams Club would appreciate your cooperation when we have refreshments to prepare for memorial service and/or fellowship. As soon as we have the information, a notice announcing the arrangements for services, fellowship and refreshments will be posted in the Clubhouse on the bulletin board. Please use the sign up sheets. We must know the number of people who plan to attend said function. We can then be prepared to make the fellowship memory more comfortable for the bereaved.
Two Gadabouts took off for a few days. We went to Ocala to visit Marge Servino and Lorraine Ullery. We had a great time playing cards and socializing. Each has a lovely three room apartment. We took off one day for lunch and ended up at Cedar Key where we had a great lunch. We saw different parts of Florida for the first time. They both sent regards to all at Lakeside Terrace. A good time was had by all.
The Gadabouts are Audrey Van Beynen And Dottie Degnan
FYI: With the price of gasoline, I think whenever we are car-pooling, we should give one or two dollars to the driver. I'm sure it would be appreciated.
TO OUR NEIGHBORS WHO WERE ILL OR HOSPITALIZED RECENTLY, WE WISH FOR YOU ALL BETTER DAYS AND HEALING TOO COMBINED WITH GOOD CHEER AND STRENGTH. IN APRIL, GET WELL AND THINKING OF YOU CARDS WERE SENT TO NICK LAQUALIA, AUDREY CALHOUN, DON mOMAS, MARGARET GUNTLE, NANCY VOLLMER, WALT KARWASINSKI AND NORA BECK.
Our sympathies are extended to the family of Roy Camp for the loss of their father.
Thanks to everyone for the cards, letters, phone calls, flowers and visits during my recent illness. Your thoughtfulness and kindness meant so much to me.
Lakeside Terrace folks are the greatest.
Everyone have a safe and healthy summer.
MAY BIRTHDAYS: Nancy Allgood, Jim Burdin, Walt Byer, Sally Cannon, Betty Dicus, Cy Dreffs, Donna Huber, Walt Karwasinski, Sandy Kurtz, Paul LaPointe, Pat Sharpe, Jean Smith, Mary Sullivan, Edna Visconti, Bob Wehling
MAY ANNIVERSARIES: Bill & Sally Cannon, Fred & Shirley Hassom, Meredith & Jeanne Lahr, Edward & Florence Ignatowski, Allen & Patricia Poupard, Wally & Pat Voelker
That's all for now folks, the news cut off date for future issues of the Seagull will be the 25th of the month. By the way, because the "Aniols" will be traveling again, the June newsletter may go on line a little later (as usual, I will be here).
Editorial Staff, Dorothy, Peg & Rich
Points to Ponder
1. I signed up for an exercise class and was told to wear loose-fitting clothing. If I HAD any loose-fitting clothing, I wouldn't have signed up in the first place!
2. When I was young we used to go "skinny dipping", now Ijust "chunky dunk".
3. The early bird still has to eat worms.
4. The worst thing about accidents in the kitchen Is eating them.
5. Don't argue with an idiot; people may not be able to tell the difference.
6. Wouldn't it be nice if whenever we messed up our life we could simply press 'Ctrl Alt Delete' and start all over?
7. Stress is when you wake up screaming and then you realize you haven't fallen asleep yet.
8. My spouse says I never listen to him. At least I think that's what was said.
9. Just remember...if the world didn't suck, we'd all fall off.
10. Why is it that our children can't read a Bible in school, but they can in prison?
11. Ifraising children was going to be easy, it never would have started with something called labor!
12. Brain cells come and brain cells go, but fat cells live forever!